Public Education & Information
- ACCESS, New Orleans Right to Life, & Louisiana Right to Life — Mobile Crisis Pregnancy Unit for school education
- SpeakHope in the greater New Orleans area
- Resources for Miscarriage/Early Infant Death
- Louisiana Black Advocates for Life
- National Catholic Bioethics Center’s information on Prenatal Testing
National Adoption Awareness Month -- Celebrating the blessings adoption during the month we gather & give thanks
National Adoption Day -- National Adoption Day is a collective national effort to raise awareness of the more than 100,000 children in foster care waiting to find permanent, loving families.
- Meeting ideas
- Bulletin insert ideas
- Handouts (click links to order/download)
- Abortion Pill Reversal (for those who pray at abortion clinics locally)
- What Can I Do To Help Stop Abortion?
- Accompanying Expectant Mothers Considering Adoption
- Speakers' topics - click each topic to email for request
- Signs for your group that prays at abortion facilities (click link to order)
- El Aborto Lastima a las Mujeres
- Abortion Hurts Women
- Women Deserve Better Than Abortion
- Adoption the Loving Option
- Abortion Pill Reversal -- available locally
- ACCESS Pregnancy of Catholic Charities help for unplanned/troubled pregnancies
- Adoption services through Catholic Charities
- Maternity health care for low- to moderate-income mothers through Catholic Charities at St. Vincent Maternity Clinic
- Archdiocesan Sidewalk Counseling & Prayer Ministry email Pam Richard or call 504-460-9360
- Resources for groups that pray at abortion facilities -- the Respect Life Office maintains an updated Resource List for local help. Please email the Respect Life Office for details. For schedules of groups that pray/counsel locally, please see the weekly Respect Life newsletter.
- Woman’s New Life Center — Crisis pregnancy, post abortion counseling, well-woman GYN care, Creighton Model Natural Family Planning
- Listing of local Crisis Pregnancy Centers — New Orleans area
- Listing of local Crisis Pregnancy Centers — Northshore area
- CrossroadsNOLA — foster care & adoption services
- SpeakHope in the greater New Orleans area
- Resources for Miscarriage & Early Infant Death
- Archdiocese of New Orleans Catholic Counseling Services
- One of the Corporal Works of Mercy is to bury the dead…
Read more about the beautiful ministry of Compassionate Burial for Indigent Babies
Prayer & Worship
- 9 Days for Life (for the unborn)
- Spiritual Adoption of the Unborn
- one struggling with a difficult prenatal diagnosis
- a woman with a crisis pregnancy
- for birth & adoptive famiies (a St. Joseph novena)
- March for Life Pilgrimage to Washington DC (January)
- Louisiana Right to Life's Geaux Forth rally in Washington DC (January)
- Louisiana Life March (January) Baton Rouge/Alexandria/Shreveport
- Memorial for the Unborn Prayer Service (January, St. Patrick #3 Cemetery)
- Mother’s Day Rosary Crusade (May) email Pam Richard or call 504-460-9360
- Life Chain (October, 1st weekend)
- Rosary Congress (October)
- 40 Days for Life (September-October)...
From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
“2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.
2274 Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.
Prenatal diagnosis is morally licit, "if it respects the life and integrity of the embryo and the human fetus and is directed toward its safe guarding or healing as an individual. . . . It is gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results: a diagnosis must not be the equivalent of a death sentence."
2275 "Certain attempts to influence chromosomic or genetic inheritance are not therapeutic but are aimed at producing human beings selected according to sex or other predetermined qualities. Such manipulations are contrary to the personal dignity of the human being and his integrity and identity" which are unique and unrepeatable.”
From the USCCB:
“Among important issues involving the dignity of human life with which the Church is concerned, abortion necessarily plays a central role. Abortion, the direct killing of an innocent human being, is always gravely immoral (The Gospel of Life, no. 57); its victims are the most vulnerable and defenseless members of the human family. It is imperative that those who are called to serve the least among us give urgent attention and priority to this issue of justice. While at times human law may not fully articulate the moral imperative – full protection for the right to life – our legal system can and must be continually reformed so that it will increasingly fulfill its proper task of protecting the weak and preserving the right to life of every human being, born and unborn.”
From Donum Vitae (5):
“From the moment of conception, the life of every human being is to be respected in an absolute way because man is the only creature on earth that God has "wished for himself " (16) and the spiritual soul of each man is "immediately created" by God; (17) his whole being bears the image of the Creator. Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves "the creative action of God" (18) and it remains forever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end.(19) God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can, in any circumstance, claim for himself the right to destroy directly an innocent human being.”