Year of Mercy Respect Life Information
Outreach to those in prison & their families (partnering with Cornerstone Builders):
- Messages of Mercy... Become a pen pal with a prisoner. email the Respect Life Office to sign up.
- Journeys of Mercy... Join families of those who are incarcerated on the monthly bus to LA prisons. email the Respect Life Office to sign up
- Packages of Mercy... Aid the Reentry 72 program by providing care packages to those who have just been released from prison & have no family. The care packages should include things like men's toiletries, razors, towels, new undergarments, & other basic items, plus a note of encouragement. email the Respect Life Office to coordinate these packages.
- Mentors of Mercy... Cornerstone Builders needs mentors for children of those incarcerated. email the Respect Life Office to arrange help with the project.
Outreach to post-abortive women, men, & their families:
- Healing retreats through Rachel's Vineyard (for local information email Retreat Leader Melanie Baglow or call 504-710-6458 or email Retreat Leader Pam Richard or call 504-460-9360
- Rachel's Vineyard New Orleans area Retreat April 2017
- Individualized counseling & support through Project Rachel (help after an abortion for New Orleans area assistance email Danna or 504-885-1141)
- Individualized counseling & support through Woman's New Life Center (for assistance email Woman's New Life Center or call them 504-831-3117